Konrad was a graduate of the Royal Military College Duntroon and served as an Australian Army Officer and telecommunications specialist until 2001. He has served as a Director of the Australian Centre for Security Management and was previously the Chief Security Officer and Crisis/Business Continuity Program Manager at Thales Australia-New Zealand, the region’s largest Defence Prime Contractor at the time.
A Committee Chair for Security Professionals Australasia (SPA) and Australian Risk Policy Institute (ARPI) Associate, Konrad has provided security risk and resilience, crisis management, enterprise risk management, pandemic, compliance and auditing consultancy services to a broad range of locally headquartered and multinational companies in Pakistan, Solomon Islands, United Arab Emirates, New Zealand, the United States and in various countries throughout Europe.
A widely recognised expert security risk manager, Konrad is a member of the Australian Working Group involved in the development of an international/ISO standard relating to enterprise security management.
He has had significant involvement in Department of Defence and national aviation security initiatives, including provision of security risk and telecommunications consulting services to Defence Corporate, Services and Groups, and Australian aviation operators throughout the introduction of the Aviation Transport Security Act in 2004.
In 2007 he was recognised by the Global Alliance for Enterprise Security Risk Management as one of three finalists in an ‘Excellence in Security Convergence and Contributions to Enterprise Risk Management’ awards program. Konrad was a key contributor to the industry reference text ‘Security Risk Management Body of Knowledge’ (SRMBoK) and has presented at numerous conferences.
Konrad has established the following associations and qualifications:
- Member and Certified Practicing Risk Manager, Risk Management Institute of Australasia
- Chair, Education and Certification Committee, Security Professionals – Australasia
- Masters in Security Management, Edith Cowan University
- Graduate Diploma Information Technology Management, University of NSW
- Graduate Diploma Telecommunications Management, University of NSW
- Certificate IV Security Risk Management, Chubb Fire and Security
- Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment, University of NSW
- Certified Counter-Terrorism Practitioner, Counter Terrorism Certification Board
- Associate Diploma Personnel Administration, University of NSW
- Trained Management Systems Auditor and Assessor