Mark served as an Australian Customs Officer in Canberra and Sydney for 21.5 years, including as Chief of Security (agency security adviser). He is Board Certified in Security Management, and the only Australian Government endorsed SCEC (Security Construction and Equipment Committee) security zone consultant with agency security adviser experience. Mark provides practical, effective and cost effective client advice and integrated technical security options founded on Australian Government, national and international security standards.
Mark has advised various “blue-chip” companies, government agencies and suppliers to government as a licensed private sector security consultant since 2001. He was Defence Industry Security Officer, Senior Security Consultant and Group Manager (Security Advisory) for consulting engineers Connell-Wagner/Aurecon and Norman Disney & Young from 2007 to 2020. Mark has provided security risk and corporate asset protection advice for decades, including the most sensitive Australian Government sites, to the Hong Kong Customs & Excise Department, and the Ministry of National Security, Government of Jamaica.
He is past Vice-President, Australia Region for ASIS International, the largest global association of security professionals, and is current Vice-Chairman, ACT Chapter.
He holds the following qualifications and certifications:
- Bachelor of Arts (Political Science, Anthropology)
- Graduate Certificate (Security Management)
- Diploma in Security (Risk Management)
- Certificate IV in Security (Risk Management)
- Certified Protection Professional #8458, 1999 – valid January 2024
- Australian Government Security Construction and Equipment Committee SCEC Security Zone Consultant C0023, 2012 – valid to July 2023
- Various Attorney-Generals Department Protective Security Training Centre, ASIO-T4 and Defence Security training courses.